Anyone who knows me knows I'm kind of obsessed with biscotti. I literally have five boxes in my house at any given time, all with different flavors ready to offer to guests with their coffee. Coffee is pretty much a daily thing around here and pairing a biscotti with it has become synonymous with relaxing and refocusing my thoughts.
So, I figured what better way to celebrate the launch of our Relax & Unwind Box than by creating my own biscotti recipe to share with all of you!
I created this honey almond biscotti recipe, and I just have to say it is AMAZING. I truly wasn't sure how it would turn out as you may have seen on my Instagram Story, but it was honestly so delicious and got massively great reviews with everyone eating every last crumb on the baking sheet! The smell is just as insanely enticing. You can instantly smell both the honey and the almond blending together perfectly. With light notes of vanilla and a well balanced almond flavor (I hate it to be too strong!) this recipe is a definite must try!
Honey Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C sliced almonds
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, sugar, salt, almond extract, vanilla extract, and baking powder until the mixture is well blended and creamy.
- Beat in the honey and eggs.
- Add the flour and sliced almonds, stirring until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the dough to the sheet.
- Fill a bowl with water. While lightly wetting your hands shape the dough into a 13"x3"x3/4" log. Smooth out the top and sides to ensure an even look.
- Bake the log for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Transfer the parchment paper and log to a cutting board. Cut 1/2" slices and place on the same baking sheet with newly lined parchment paper.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don't turn a dark brown. They will brown easier than normal biscotti due to the honey we added.
- Remove the biscotti and allow to cool.
- Begin making the glaze/brittle. In a small saucepan add the sugar and the water. Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves (a few minutes).
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil (without stirring). After approximately 10-15 minutes it will turn a light brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the honey and almonds.
- Working quickly but carefully, hold the biscotti and spoon the sugar mixture onto the bottom of the biscotti. Place back on the baking sheet to cool. Be EXTRA careful here as this is boiling sugar. Make sure it does not touch your skin.
- Pour hot water onto the pot as soon as your done pouring the sugar mixture onto the biscotti. This will allow for a much easier cleanup. You don't want the sugar to cool or it will harden and be frustratingly difficult to clean.
- Enjoy your biscotti with some coffee or tea!
Let us know what you think of it! I'd love to hear your stories and see your photos taking some much needed you time!